A very simple and no fuss recipe...and very versatile too...taken from allrecipes ...just throw everything in, and wallah~~a very tasty muffin~
Ingredients (12 muffins):
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, beat egg with a fork. Stir in milk and oil.
- Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
- Variations: Blueberry Muffins: Add 1 cup fresh blueberries (I used pie filling). Raisin Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped raisins. Date Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped dates. Cheese Muffins: Fold in 1 cup grated sharp yellow cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.