roti canai..taken from mamafami's fp...it tastes similar to roti canai i used to eat back at my kampung..really worth trying
Roti Canai Mr Niceghost
3 cups flour
1 - 1.5 cups water
1 tablespoon margarine
salt to taste
2 tablespoons condensed milk
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Mix well water, salt and condensed milk
2. Add the liquid into the flour bit by bit if kneading manually
pour the whole amount into the flour if using machine
3. Add in cooking oil
4. Add in margarine
5. Knead to form a soft dough. Leave it covered with a damp cloth for about 30 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into 10 portion and mould into balls.
7. Coat the balls with margarine so that they won't stick to each other. Leave to rest for not less than 2 hours.
8. Spread (tebar as we say it in Malay) each ball on a smooth surface to form a very thin layer. Fold the four sides into the middle and fry.
Had it with chicken curry...and also teh tarik...